Sports Betting Guide
Futsal betting guide
Futsal is a variation of football, that was created in 1930 in Uruguay by a teacher that wanted to provide an indoor activity for his students. It quickly became popular among both children and adults and spread across all of South America and then all over the world. The popularity of futsal can be attributed to its dynamic style, quick player movement, amazing technical skills and frequency of goals.
Bookmaker offer for futsal
Even though futsal is not as prestigious and well-known as football, there are bookmakers that offer bets for this discipline of sport. Similarly to football, for futsal, the bookmakers offer both, traditional bets of the 1X2 type, and more complex including: the winner of the first half, over/under and handicaps. Apart from the most important competitions such as the World Cup or European Championship, the bookmakers have a relatively good offer for domestic futsal leagues such as Brazilian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian leagues.
What to consider in futsal betting
Betting on futsal is very similar to betting on football, though there are some differences. Below, you will find few tips for punters that want to bet on futsal.
- Generally it is advisable to back technical and fast teams, such as national teams of Brazil, Portugal or Spain. Futsal is all about possessing great technique, accurate passing, good positioning and clever and fast style of playing. In contrast to football, there is no pushing in futsal, so strong, athletic players have no additional advantage.
- Another vital piece of advice is to bet on teams with a reliable goalies that have good reflexes. Goalkeeper is probably the most difficult position to play in futsal. Unlike football, where in most cases goalkeepers have four or five saves during the whole game, in futsal the goalkeeper is under constant threat from the opposition players and have to deal with many close range shots. What is more, in futsal, goalkeepers take active part in the creation of the goal-scoring opportunities and their technical skills are often on par with those of their teammates.
- It is definitely good to watch several futsal matches of the team that we want to bet on, especially the most recent ones. It is essential to be up-to-date with the team’s performances as they are the key factor in predicting a possible outcome of a given game. It is especially important to get to know this information because futsal is a very intense, demanding sport, and even one mistake or a weaker player can cost the team their win.
- Knowledge about teams and players is essential. As in the case of other disciplines of sport, it is very important to have as much data about the teams and their players as you can. You should track the statistics, history of direct matches between the teams, the current condition of their players and even search for any news regarding the atmosphere in the team. All this information can be found on the internet, mostly on sport statistics websites with the latter being present on social media.
- Injuries during a game are not as serious problem as they are in football as in futsal there is an unlimited number of substitutions. Nevertheless, an injury or ban of an important player can influence the team’s performance and even the result of the match. Furthermore, it is harder to replace a crucial player in futsal, than it is in football. If the team’s best player gets banned or injured it could significantly decrease their chances for the win or even the title. In such cases, the bookmakers are lowering their odds for teams with their important players injured.
- There is sometimes a possibility to bet on live futsal games. It is very difficult and it requires considerable experience of a punter. Futsal is a very dynamic game and the results often change in the matter of seconds. One will need the ability to concentrate well and quickly make decisions. A valuable advice is to pay attention to the odds and changes in the game, for example at the moment when a field player replaces the goalkeeper or when there is an injury or an important player and he must be substituted. Sometimes the bookmakers ignore these situations, and that gives us the chance for getting a good odds.
- The odds for futsal matches appear very late, often one or two days before the game. This could be both good and bad. We have less time to analyse the match and make a prediction, however, the bookmakers have also little time to correct their potential mistakes. Being watchful, you can find very good odds for an almost certain bet.
- It is worth considering that the rules in futsal are a bit different from those of the association football. There are breaks during which the time is stopped, sometimes a field player can take the goalkeeper’s place, every coach can use one time-out during each half, there is no off-sides and after 5 fouls in one half every following one leads to a penalty. It is especially important piece of information when you consider that the small surface courts favor many collisions among the players.
- Referee is another crucial factor for the outcome of the futsal match. In futsal he has a little more influence on the game and its result than it is in football. The referee also has less time to make a decision and need to constantly follow a very dynamic game. Thus, he is more prone to making mistakes. A bad decision from a referee can sometimes completely change the final outcome of the match.